ANST - New Lady Knight

Gunnora Hallakarva gunnora at bga.com
Sun Sep 13 00:03:07 PDT 1998

For those who somehow have not heard, there are now 18 Ladies of the
Chivalry in the SCA, and AEthelmearc has her first Lady Knight.

Duchess Rowan du la Garnison was elevated to the knighthood at Great Court
at Pennsic XXVII, August 14 A.S. XXXIII (1998).

For more information, see the Ladies of the Chivalry Webpage at:

http://www.realtime.com/~gunnora/ladyknights/

---------

As always, I am still looking for more photos.  None of my photos within
the hall of the new Sir Rowan's knighting ceremony came out, so if you took
pictures, please contact me!  I'm also looking for photos of Sir Rowan in
armor, in combat, other portraits, plus anecdotes, chronicles, cartoons,
poems, songs, etc. about Sir Rowan.

In addition, I still do not have any photograph of Sir Andrea of Clearmount
-- if you have a photo of this lady knight, please contact me.

Finally, I still have no idea what device is borne by Lady Bolverk of
Momchilovitch, KSCA.  I know that her arms have not passed, however I would
be grateful if anyone could describe to me what she paints upon her shield.

And, as usual, I'd appreciate any additional photos, stories, or other
information that anyone has to share regarding any of the Ladies of the
Chivalry.

If you have pictures, but don't have a scanner, have I got a deal for you
-- if you mail me the photo(s), the same day I receive them I will scan
them and put them back in the mail to you within 24 hours of receipt.  In
addition, I will scan any other dozen or so photos you may wish to have
scanned, and send you back not only your originals, but also the scanned
images on diskette.

email:  <gunnora at bga.com>

postal:

Gunnora Hallakarva
10408-A Little Pebble
Austin, TX 78758

Many thanks!

Wæs Þu Hæl (Waes Thu Hael)

::GUNNORA::

Gunnora Hallakarva
Herskerinde
Ek eigi visa þik hversu oðlask Lofstirrlauf-Kruna heldr hversu na Hersis-Aðal
(Ek eigi thik hversu odhlask Lofstirrlauf-Kruna heldr hversu na Hersis-Adhal)