ANST - Stargate Baronial, a cook's view

Jerry Norris jerryn at sprintmail.com
Sun Sep 13 12:51:04 PDT 1998

I would like to take a moment to say thanks here to all the people who
helped out during the preparation of feast and the serving of it.

To Othar, a special thank you for your help in setting up the meat and the
cookers of it as well as offering extensive advice.  You wore your hats
well.  I also wish to thank your list of grill masters and mistresses who
brought such wonderful flavors from the slabs of beef and racks of shrimp.

To Geoff Catham, who was a tremendous help in the kitchen throughout the
day and who so thoughtfully provided the kitchen with essence of onions.

To Anes, a fine fungus stirrer and a bean snapper extraordinaire.

To Maureen and Malachai, who served as helpers/runners/extra-hands for
myself and Othar.

To my bean snapping crew including some of the above along with Signy,
Beatrix, Caitlinn, Victoria, Sean and several other of our teen-aged
members.  To those who I missed, I beg forgiveness.

To Leofric and his army of energetic servers for their desire to insure
that all were served and served well.

To Spyder, who offered words of encouragement and help whenever asked.

Finally, to my wife, who helped in so many ways, watching over me at the
event to make sure that I had drink, before the event to make sure that I
still had some heart, and after the event to make sure that I still had a
few brain cells.  She has acted as support and as guidance when I needed it
most.

To all of you I offer my most humble thanks and ask a hearty vivat for all
of you.

Signing off as the head cook for now,

In service to the dream, with a song in my heart,
jerry.

jerryn at sprintmail.com -  Jerry Norris - Houston, Texas USA
writer, reader, thinker, singer, father, lover.
Gerald of Leesville - Barony of Stargate - Kingdom of Ansteorra