ANST - William Marshall Tourney IV

Helen Brown browns at mail.intplsrv.net
Sat Sep 19 12:35:50 PDT 1998

Sorry to be so late in posting this report to the lists.  William
Marshall Tourney IV was a good event, not too warm, with a breeze
(light and heavy) all day, good fighting, good bardic, good food and
good fun had by all who attended.

Awards presented at Evening Court
Cerridwen - AoA
Talieson - AoA
HL Cherel Wynters - Sable Comet
Ly Miranda Hawkwood - Sable Comet

Event Winners
Heavy Champion - Sir Daffyd of Brad Leah
Light Champion - Ly Etain O'Rourke of Brad Leah
Heavy Bear Pit - Sir Daffyd of Brad Leah
Light Bear Pit - Baroness Kathrine from Bjornsborg

A&S - Ly Cerridwen for her Tablet woven belt in progress (her first
effort after a basic class and using her own design of double sided
fish).  I really liked the blackwork done by Baroness Kathrine, but
no fish or sea there.

Bardic - Lionardo from Bjornsborg, with special mention for Ly
Cerridwen who entered her first Bardic Contest singing a song in
gaelic.

Best Decorated Fish - Tie to Ly Kassia from Namron for a blue stuffed
fish , HL  Cherel for a purple marzipan fish, and Ly Elspeth for a
purple clay  fish that was also a whistle.  All were done in
different mediums  and hard to pick just one as they were so
different.

Children's Activities included a Quest, Children's Best Decorated
Fish which they decorated on site, Children's Treasure Hunt on the
beach, Fish Cookie decorating and generally having fun.  I am sorry,
but I don't have the list of all the individual winners but all 8
children received prizes for something and had lots of fun.

Overall Team Champions was the Sparkle Fish Team
There were three teams -
1.  Bjornsborg with the members from Bjornsborg (Kaziner, Kathrine,
and Lionardo),  Christoph (the Baby Tree Protector), Trahern, and
Elspeth.
2.  Sparkle Fish started by Amber and Shyloh (the children's team),
joined by Marguerite, Cellacha'herne, Shawn, Gavin, Gweneth, Cameron,
Daffyd, Thorald Bjornssen, Jonathen, and Kassia.
3. Erin's Revenge with members Etain, Fafner, Cerridwen, Talieson,
and Cherel.

Special Thank you's to:
Baroness Catrin of Eldern Hills and Baron Aethelstine of Namron for
judging the Bardic contest.

Trahern from Eldern Hills for being Marshall on site and doing Heavy
Armor  inspections, Baron/Don Kazimir from Bjornsborg for doing Light
Armor inspections and field Marshalling and all the other fighters
(both heavy and light) who marshalled on the field as well as
fighting in their own categories.

Beorthlic (sp?) (NR A&S) for helping judge theA&S and for helping me
judge the Best Decorated Fish.

Matthew of Namron for being water bearer and for being general errand
boy and fetch and carry person.

Special thank you's also to the Camp Hosts and Park Rangers who
allowed us to "take over" the area, kept the gate open all night for
late comers, and worked with us to keep everything running smoothly;
to the Park employees who kept the bathrooms clean and did the
repairs and got the hot water running again Saturday morning; to the
Store manager and employees who made sure we had good, drinkable
water (after finding out that the park pump water was "drinkable" but
bad tasting), who stocked extra ice for us, and gave free snow cones
to all the children and some of the adults.

And to everyone in the Stronghold who did double and triple duty
everywhere, after staying up most of Friday night finishing projects
and setup.

HL Hellen Bales MacQueene
Helen Brown
Stronghold of FalconRidge, Kingdom of Ansteorra
browns at intplsrv.net
Altus, Oklahoma