minstrel: Re: ANST - Mooneschadowe Guardian Results

Fred (Flieg) Hollander flieg at socrates.Berkeley.EDU
Wed Sep 23 09:44:03 PDT 1998

[.trim.]

>(I note for the general edification of the reading populace that Ansteorra
>is a bit unusual in the eyes of other SCA kingdoms in that we do grant
>the so-called "naked" Grant of Arms from time to time.  There are
>typically particular reasons why the Grant is made separate from
>one of the Grant-bearing Companionships / "Orders" / Court Baronies,
>and it is that additional information which leaves me most curious.)

  Hoom...
  Inter-Kingdom Anthro time. West Kingdom only has one Grant Bearing
Order and it hasn't been given in a coon's age. Almost all of our Grants
are "naked". (And Court Barony only cares AoA -- and the right to wear
as cool a hat as you think you can get away with.)
  Anyway, in no Kingdom I know are Grants "cheap".

  Liked the poem/song.

[.trim.]

   *   *   *    Frederick of Holland, MSCA, OP, etc.
  *|* *|* *|*   flieg at socrates.berkeley.edu
  (((Flieg Hollander, Chemistry Dept., U.C. Berkeley)))