ANST - Texas Reniaissance Festival

THEODORE KUBRICHT TedK at UH.EDU
Wed Sep 23 16:19:36 PDT 1998

Greetings all:

Vaclav Namatko here, known by most as Random, to remind you that the
Texas Renaissance Festival opens next weekend, Oct. 3 & 4 and runs for
the next 7 weekends in a row.   The SCA runs its biggest demo of the year
at the fair and needs all of the support it can get.   For a mere 2 or so hours
of demo participation each day (and all of the fun & fellowship you can
handle) you can enjoy all of the other diversions and amenities of the fair
without paying the exorbitant gate fee, and you can do so every day of the
fair you wish.   You can even camp behind the fairgrounds overnight Friday
and Saturday and bring your own food, drink, and fun.   The pass
distribution method has been considerably revamped to make it easier than
ever to attend, and there are more passes available this year.   The TRF
management promises to release even more passes if they are impressed
with our turnout and performance the first few weekends.   The catch?
We come to the fair to demonstrate to an amazingly large number of
mundanes what the SCA is all about and what we do.   We swordfight,
sing, dance, display our arts and sciences, our talents, and our good
natures.   We wear our best garb and personas and show our honor and
friendliness.   We talk to them, hand out information on the SCA, and
point them in the direction of our events and baronies.   We run a skittles
game and give out prizes and good spirit.   Our presence at the fair creates
Public Good Will in a beautiful setting and helps find those that will be
part of the next generation of SCAers.   The rewards are many.   There
are many positions to fill each day and everyone that can make it will be
more than welcome.   Bring your talents, your swordfighting ability, your
arts & sciences displays (those that can be loaned for the run of the fair
are really appreciated), your banners and regalia, your craft demos, and
yourselves in your finest to take part in one of the most fun demos you will
ever experience.

There will be one more work day before the fair opens this Saturday,
Sept. 26, from 1 pm till dark.   Much remains to be done, please come if
you can.

Thank you very much!

In fine Spirit,
Vaclav