ANST - Texas Reniaissance Festival passes

THEODORE KUBRICHT TedK at UH.EDU
Wed Sep 23 16:19:55 PDT 1998

Applying for passes to the Texas Renaiassance Festival demo

Send the following information on *each* person you are applying for
by email or phone to your local TRF autocrat (preferable) or either the
TRF/SCA liaison (Vaclav - tedk at uh.edu - 713-686-9883)or deputy
liaison (Yoshi - cobalt60 at lcc.net {that's an "L" not a "one"} -
409-295-4671):

1. Weekend(s) and day(s) you would like to attend, and estimated time
    of arrival.
2. Full SCA and mundane names of each person.
3. Phone number and email address of  someone who can reach all
    persons you are applying for.
3. Job or talent each person is volunteering.
4. Arts and Sciences displays or decorations you can bring.
5. Camping desires.

You will be put on the pass list and your pass(es) will be waiting for you
at the troll, just outside the participants' entrance gate at the fair when
you arrive.   Troll hours are 6pm to 1am Friday night, 8am to 11am
Saturday and Sunday mornings.   You may apply for passes until
Noon on the Friday before the weekend you wish to attend, after that
we will be at the fair and will not be able to read your email.   You
will receive a confirmation by email or phone.   If you find you cannot
attend after all, please call and have your name(s) removed from
the list so that others may use the passes.    Remember that when you
request a space on the pass list, you are reserving a space that no one
else may use just as if we had actually sent you your pass.   The only
difference is that you have the power to return your pass by a simple
phone call or email message if you find you cannot make it.   If  you
really cannot arrive during the troll hours, call at least two weeks in
advance and make arrangements to have the passes sent to you.   The
gate guard hates letting people in to "go get their pass" and complains
bitterly about it to me and to the owner, causing all sorts of horrible
anguish.   In emergencies, I will give you my cell phone number and
meet you at the gate rather than face that ugly guard.

In the event you decide at the last minute to come, there may or may not
be unused passes available at troll.   You're welcome to try for them,
but we can't promise anything.   If you do, be prepared to pay your way
in if they are all handed out.   TRF management has promised to release
more passes to us if they like what they see us doing in the compound.

We would really like to see you there, and will make every effort to help
your admission process.

Thank you very much!

In fine Spirit,
Vaclav