ANST - BVC - Re: Candlemas Competition at Bryn Gwlad

Pug Bainter pug at pug.net
Thu Sep 24 06:51:37 PDT 1998

James D. Logan/Jane Sitton-Logan (hammer at brazosnet.com) said something that sounded like:
> You
> may or may not know that in answer to the various robitusin flavored
> cordials I've been forced to smile graciously over I have created a
> spirit most singular in its character and appeal (Grinning maniacally).

No I did not know this.

> It is known by various names throughout our fair kingdom and the known
> world, chief among them are BIOHAZARD, Logan's Liquid Hell, and Logan's
> Forge Cleaner. It is a playful spirit with wonderful color and bouquet
> all its own.

Those certainly are some unique names. I'm not too certain that these are
an improvement over robitusin given what the images imply. *wink*

> 	My question is do you have a category in which this Chief of all winter
> beverages might compete. It might be fun to have it there to ,let's say,
> warm your laurels over.

There certainly is a category for cordials to compete in.

The categories and other information are documented on the website at:

http://southern.anstoerra.org/bvc

Just to recap some of the key issues, there will be seperate categories
for Ales/Beers, Meads (of all sort), Wines (which includes ciders), and
Cordials. Given enough entries for the following, there will be special
categories for New Brewer (started since Candlemas '98), New Wine/Mead
(started since Candlemas '98), and best period (pre-1650) method or
recipe adaption.

Ciao,