ANST - to serve or not to serve...

Mike and Gail Young uther at lcc.net
Sun Sep 27 10:17:09 PDT 1998

Greetings to the list!

I am the feastocrat for next weekend's Battle of the Pines and I debating
whether or not to serve feast or do it buffet style.  There seems to be a
difference of opinion here so maybe I could gather some opinions from the
list.
How much does a buffet style feast interfere with your enjoyment of the
feast and your vision of actually being in the middle ages?  Having
feastocrated MANY events, I know it is a gamble on whether you will have
enough servers and equipment to get everyone served everything in a
reasonable time(ie you don't wait 30 minutes between dishes and they aren't
cold when they get to you)
That isn't a problem with a buffet buuutttt...if everything goes right a
served feast lends itself better to a medieval atmosphere.
Opinions would be greatly appreciated.
Gwyneth
Seneschal and feastocrat
Graywood