ANST - Two 15th Century Receipts for Steak

maddie teller-kook meadhbh at io.com
Tue Sep 29 16:13:11 PDT 1998

One reason meat might have been boiled first .... is if it was salt preserved or
smoked or dried. That would add moisture back into the meat and remove some of
the saltiness. Then it could be roasted to finish off the cooking.  I would have
to check specific recipes in regards to marinating (my brain is fried and I
can't think of any off the top of my head right now).  But I do know, meat was
seasoned, roasted and served with a variety of sauces.

Meadhbh
(who hopes her brain starts working after autocrating this coming weekend)