ANST - Problems w/e-mail and Herald Question

Helen Brown browns at mail.intplsrv.net
Thu Sep 3 04:57:48 PDT 1998

> From:          "j'lynn yeates" <jyeates at bga.com>
> Date:          Wed, 2 Sep 1998 19:21:40 -0500
> Subject:       Re: ANST - Problems at work
> On 2 Sep 98, at 15:41, James D. Logan/Jane Sitton-Lo wrote:
> > You can always set up a hotmail account it would not be resident on your
> > computer, it's web based email.
> but you would still be using company time and reasources to persue non
> work related personal communications .<snip>
>  circumvention of office rules by setting up a hotmail account that
> can't be monitored (the email flow through corporate networks *can* easily
> be monitored, have been asked to do so on more than one occasion) is
> simply setting yourself up for being terminated with just cause.
>
> 'wolf

Very True.  I work Net Admin at an Air Force Base.  Regulations say
you can use e-mail (legal e-mail set up by the base communications
squadron) for limited personal use, i.e. communication with family
members and friends for morale reasons, not for personal business or
socializing, and no list subscriptions or news subscriptions.  And,
you are subject to monitoring of your e-mail at any time.  You
cannot use any "hotmail", "yahoo mail" or any other non-base provided
e-mail service on a government computer that is connected to the
Base Network. Therefore, I could not be a part of this list without
ISP (Internet Service Provider) service at home. Private companies
have different rules, but some of them pay for each minute of
internet usage and personal, time-consuming e-mail uses time.

I love this list.  There is so much diversity of questions.

Question for Heralds:  If a blazon says "a falcon rising wings
displayed" are the wing tips up or down???  We are having an argument
in our group about which way to draw our device.  We have our
original drawing, but I was informed that the registered one (which
no one has a copy of) was drawn different.  Any suggestions??

Helen Brown
HL Hellen Bales MacQueene
Stronghold of FalconRidge, Kingdom of Ansteorra
browns at intplsrv.net
Altus, Oklahoma