ANST - Insignia Help

Bob Dewart gilli at seacove.net
Fri Sep 4 08:04:00 PDT 1998

Hi there,

Mirrium wrote:

Unless everyone makes insignia for Cranes and Thistles because
they're familiar and easy.  Fewer people donate garters for Stars and
Centurions or Centurion cloaks.  There are always fewer insignia for
the lesser known awards like Comets, Compass Rose, Rising Star.

Mirrim (entourage to Kein and Alisha who what she's talking about)

Gilli replies

I make Comets, Cranes, Thistles, Compass Roses and Rising Stars out of
leather.  Some folks I know only make the woven ones and some only do the
braed ones.  And some I know aren't currently inclined to make any at all.
We do what we do; and hopefully it helps.

I encouarge folks to check with the Crown for Their needs both now and in
the future.  The best way I've found to do it, is do some along the way so
that I always have some in one stag of construction or another.

But to be truthful about it, other than making the challenge to make the
insignia, I'm not sure how to go about it in such a manner that will produce
them in a useable ratio through out the Kingdom.  If you or any one else
does, please chime in.  The challenge will still be the same; but, if we can
also get it done in a more useable manner, all the better.

Thank you for your interest,

Gilli