ANST - cortisol & alternatives

j'lynn yeates jyeates at bga.com
Fri Sep 4 23:01:15 PDT 1998

On 3 Sep 98, at 13:22, Dennis Grace wrote:

> Salut Cozyns,
>
> Lyonel aisai.
>
> Cortisol is a hormone produced in the adrenal cortex ... Cortisol
> plays an essential role in the replacement and regeneration of
> damaged joint and tendon tissue ... Unfortunately, cortisol also has
> nasty catabolic effects--it destroys muscle tissue.
>
> Result:  most of us end the work day with our bodies overflowing with
> excess cortisol.
>
> Solution:  release some energy.  Anabolic, explosive movements tend to
> decrease cortisol (aerobics, for some reason, produce *more* cortisol).
>
> Hey, I've got an idea!  Fighter practice. (Bet you didn't see *that*
> coming. ;] )

then there's another alternative in the same vein ... next time Shoulder's (a
favorite austin band ... very modern-celtic'ish, great lyrics, excellent
drinking tunes .... ) is playing, put on your 17" engineer boots (heavy steel
toed monsters ...), round up your lady(s), fire up the bike, load up on
guiness and fine scotches / irish whiskey's, and go out and war-dance for 2-
3 hours to excellent tunes ... that's where this one ended up last thursday
night ... found mind wandering back almost two decades when we would
wear our mail out on our dancing dancing expeditions (great for endurance
and cardio conditioning ...) .. reminded self that it's time to let out chest
and back that fall (down side of ageing well, putting on mass in all the right
places .... goddess be praised for good genetics and a healthy lifestyle).

'wolf

... downside, sore knees ... so it goes

... - Boingo, Pedestrian Wolves