ANST - brew as prizes

Pug Bainter pug at pug.net
Mon Sep 7 15:55:37 PDT 1998

Mike and Gail Young said something that sounded like:
> I have been following the thread on running a tavern at SCA functions.  We
> were planning to give home-brewed ale as a prize at an upcoming event.  I
> hadn't given it a thought before this conversion started but now I think I
> would feel much better if someone out there who knows about such things
> would tell me this is OK.

Well, I'll start with the first question?

Oklahoma or Texas?

You see, each and every state has different laws regarding home brewing
alcohol and the regulations there of. I don't even know yet of the status
of homebrewed beer/ale in Oklahoma. (It's not "official" recognized from
what I can tell, while wines are.)

I have gotten my first letter back, which will be used to round out the
Round Table for Brewing at Laurel's Prize Tourney to make sure things
are on the up and up, and the answer for Texas is "It's okay to *give*
away homebrew". This means that as prizes in Texas it's okay.

Ciao,