ANST - Stargate Steak Feast

Gunnora Hallakarva gunnora at bga.com
Mon Sep 7 20:33:01 PDT 1998

>"But why would I want to worry about that
>now, Gerald," you ask?
>
>Because we're having ....
>Steaks!
>Grilled Shrimp!

Y'know, I can't sit here and let this go completely by without comment.  My
duty as a Laurel and all that.

While steaks may be good food and appealing to many, they are not a
particularly medieval cuisine.  It is really no more difficult to prepare
good, plentiful, tasty medieval dishes than it is to prepare modern foods.

I have seen more than a few feasts in your area of the kingdom that have
taken the modern steak, potatoes, and corn approach, so I'm not singling
y'all out.  But the kingdom's best cook, Mistress Meadbh, comes from
Stargate, and I imagine that she cringes to see menus like this from a
region that she lived in for so long.

I would urge you all to think about future feasts, and how to make 'em both
tasty and medieval.  Meadhbh will help you.  So will other noted cooks in
our fair realm, Baroness Clarissa here in Bryn Gwlad, HL Rosario in Carboni
in the West, Baron Gunthar Jonsson in Steppes, and many, many others.

There should be no reason to not strive for more authenticity for next
year's feasts -- so start mulling the idea over.  There is so much talent
available in the Greater Stargate Area, I'd like, for one, to see you all
showcase some of your local talent and show us the best you can achieve.

Wæs Þu Hæl (Waes Thu Hael)

::GUNNORA::

Gunnora Hallakarva
Herskerinde
Ek eigi visa þik hversu oðlask Lofstirrlauf-Kruna heldr hversu na Hersis-Aðal
(Ek eigi thik hversu odhlask Lofstirrlauf-Kruna heldr hversu na Hersis-Adhal)