ANST - What is Period? (was Stargate Steak Feast)

Robert_Smetek at veritasdgc.com Robert_Smetek at veritasdgc.com
Tue Sep 8 11:03:31 PDT 1998

Howdy Y'all,
I'm not one for great long discussions on the list but I had to add my two
cents worth.
If beef is period or not isn't a problem with me, for my main problem, and
the reason I stopped getting perfectly period feasts, is that I often got
perfectly period SICK from perfectly good food poising or just under done
or just plan bad food.  Some of the feasts were great.  You'll never hear
me complain about Spider or a few other good cooks.  On the whole, even if
most of the recently past feasts were free, I would have said "Thanx, but
I'll have to pass" and just gone and seen what Mu was cooking.  Now I
realize that I might offend some of our past cooks but that is not my
intention.  I have made great feasts for 10 before and thought I could cook
for 50 and been swamped or it didn't come out as good as it should.
Cooking period food is fine.  Cooking for the masses is fine.  But because
you can do one doesn't necessarily mean you can do the other.
Thanx for letting me get that off my chest.

BlackAngus McNeil

Head of the House of the Meandering Bovines