ANST - Steaks, Beans, and Other Questionable Foods

barbara at mail.topher.net barbara at mail.topher.net
Wed Sep 9 15:36:45 PDT 1998

Gilli Writes:

Please remember that the"C" in SCA stands for Creative not Compulsive.

I dont beleive that anything I wrote was supporting Compulsiveness.
All that I am saying is that we are in this group for many reasons,
but the one thing that ties it all together is trying to recreate
what has been lost.  Other wise we would all be members of the Lions
club or some such.

And if you wanted cumpulsiveness from me I might point out that the
period interpritation of "creative" was more like "from the creator",
or following the rules allready layed down, than the modern idea of
making new.  But that is not really the point here.

Gunthar and the other cooks have said over and over again that there
is not reason for us not to be able to have good, tasty, period food,
and they are right. The main reason we ever have bad feasts,
period or not, is due to the skill of the cook.  We don't require
someone to prove their cooking and organizational skills before they
act as head cook at a feast.  At least not the first time.

Anyway, I'm through beating this dead horse, any one want a steak, it
should be tender by now.

Alys D.