ANST - Public castigation

Jan Downs warrior at texas.net
Wed Sep 9 20:01:00 PDT 1998

Greetings, good Gentles of the list,
I don't post much, but I lurk quite a bit. If we demand courtesy and grace from others it is good manners to exhibit it as well. I read Gunnora's post and have been following the thread and maybe, just maybe, there was no intent on her part to attack anyone. It seemed to me she was expressing her opinion and thoughts as a Laurel. It's why we have them, n'est pas? I have found this discussion spirited and informative,(food being a subject near and dear to my..uh..heart).
In Mistress Gunnora's defense, I have not found her to be ungentle or ignoble and she seems possessed of a modicum of grace.
The electronic medium is an imperfect one at times. We can only infer inflection and intent. Oftimes if you hear someone making you wrong it's because you are making them wrong.
This is not directed at anyone specifically. I am just expressing my thoughts on the matter.
In service,
Martel d'Outremer