ANST - Born on the List Field-Question

John Ruble ulf at urocor.com
Fri Sep 25 07:09:33 PDT 1998

Madonna Lucia Ilaria Malatesta  wrote:

> question to it.  Or, if you know the gentle who composed the song Born
> on
> the Listfield, please forward the following question to them.  Thank
> you!
[snip]
> I'm told the title of the song is Born on the Listfield and the bit of
> chorus I remember goes: I was born on the listfield
> I was raised in the wars
> And one day you did make me a knight....
> Hope that little bit wasn't breaking any rules!  Please help!  This is
> Madonna Lucia Ilaria Malatesta

This song was composed by Ivar Battleskald, MSCA,  and was his reply to a
statement that since he had not taken an oath of fealty with his white
baldric, he knew nothing of honor.  What a reply!  Ivar lived here in the
Barony of Namron for many years, so I can probably dig up his phone
number.  He now lives somewhere between Kansas and Missouri.

The song is supposed to be passed on orally, only.  I'm told you can make
some notes while you learn it, but the notes then disappear, and you pass
it on again orally.  Like something out the the Dark Ages... :)

I would be happy to try to teach it to you.  Please e-mail me privately
at ulfie at usa.net.

"Born on the Listfield" should not be confused with the filk of it called
"Bored of the Listfield".  One is stirring and driving, the other is
stir-crazy drinking. :)

-Ulfie