ANST - woad ...

j'lynn yeates jyeates at bga.com
Tue Sep 29 10:22:38 PDT 1998

> ... The Celtic Camp was guarded by picts dressed in loin-cloth and woad.

this one attended a presenation by the UTexas "Mimung Society"
(indoeuropean studies) yesterday  (presentation was on "archeaological
problems with iron age celtic sites") ... towards the end of the meeting the
conversation shifted into the psychotropic effects of woad and how it would
tend to effect the perceptions of the "barbarians" by the "civilized" (ie:
reports of "celts painting themselves blue, fighting naked, feeling no pain,
...).

subject is of interest and would like to find more written material on the
subject (psychotropic efrfects of woad and woad used in ancient tattoo
work)

'wolf

... - Boingo, Pedestrian Wolves