ANST - Elfsea defender

Timothy of Glastonbury timothy_of_glastonbury at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 29 10:00:35 PDT 1998

---smithson <smithson at hot1.net> wrote:

> I was disappointed at one thing, though. They offered a childrens
bardic,
> which thrilled my three and five year old. They sing quite well for
their
> ages. The autocrat decided that the bardic competition should be
held after
> court. Court ended at 11pm. There
> were still a few children that sang, I was told. But, I feel it was
poorly
> planned. We all know that court can last a long while. If you want
to have
> an activity for children, it should be held at an appropriate time for
> children. Both my youngsters were quite upset that they didn't get
to sing.
> Otherwise, we enjoyed ourselves.
>
> Lady Francesca di Angelo
> Hospitilar-Emerald Keep

Lady Francesca, and all others who enjoyed that long court...

I will speak on this matter, as I believe our Minister of Children in
Elfsea does not read this list.  This marvelous competition was the
idea of Lady Lova our MoC and, newly as of that long court, LORD
Antiginus Tobias.  Everyone involved, including myself as one of the
judges, recognized as court dragged on that attendence would be
dwindling.  It was the first time this was attempted, and the original
desire of 'after court' was so that it would also be after sunset and
would have the feel of a standard bardic circle.

Everyone involved agrees in hindsight it should have been done before
court or on Friday night, and I apologize to all those children who
did not have a chance to grace us with their performances, they were
missed.

I would say to those in other baronies though, please try this.  This
was one of the most enjoyable times I've had recently, and I was
astonished at the level skill in that circle.  One of the children did
a piece that I was still memorizing.

Lord Timothy of Glastonbury
Minister of Arts & Sciences
Incipient College of the Three Bridges