ANST - (Fwd) BG - re: Tomorrow, the origional

j'lynn yeates jyeates at bga.com
Wed Sep 30 09:52:19 PDT 1998

thought that some in ansteorra in general would find this of interest

On 30 Sep 98, at 7:37, Elisabeth Zakes wrote:

> > Vargskal Halfblood, Baron Bryn Gwlad, is Steve Jackson (or was, does
> > he still play?).  The melody is from the movie "The Producers" with
> > Gene Wilder and Zero Mostel.  And I would be interested in the words
> > to this song also.  Edwina
> >
>  Varg, mka SJ, does not play any more and, according to my
> sources, is still very sour on the whole thing. I'm hunting up lyrics,
> but don't know if I will have any success.

i don't have the Ansteorran version close to hand (sure it's in a box
somewhere though ...) but here's the *origional* that gave it genesis ...
as published in the the official Dark Horde "Khanate Kit"

Tomorrow

tune: Tomorrow (Caberet)
... by Yang the Nauseating, et al

The sands of the Gobi lie gold in the sun
The warriors and herdsmen ride free
But somewhere a voice calls "Move On! Move On!"
Tomorrow belongs to me

Ride westward my children, new pastures are green
Rich cities encircle the sea
Tis time for your glory so rise and sing
Tomorrow belongs to me

O Atenveldt's grown much too large to defend
The Mist has her back to the sea
The East and the Middle are still at war
Tomorrow belongs to me

Merides weakens from internal strife
Caid id her own enemy
And young Ansteorra's a babe in arms
Tomorrow belongs to me

Ride westward my brothers
We'll show them a sign
United, we'll always be free
The morning will come when the world is mine
Tomorrow belongs to me

The stars are there waiting
They won't come to us
We must make our own destiny
We'll gather the stars in our hands like dust
Tomorrow belongs to me

Tomorrow belongs to me

Tomorrow belongs to me

'wolf