ANST - April Fools

E.Preston III & Shelly K. Walker wf3 at icok.net
Thu Apr 1 15:33:15 PST 1999

> >Morning.  Was wondering what the history of this rather blackly
> humourous
> >day is...anyone wanna take a stab at it?
> >
> >Ulrica the mischevious

Not that I think anyone really cares....but here is the origin of April
Fools as I've been told.
In 1564, the most current calendar we use now was instituted. Before
that year, March 25th was New Year's Day. New Year's was celebrated for
seven days, ending with a big blow out on April first. So, as of 1564,
if you were celebrating New Year's on April first, you were a fool.
You may now continue with your New Year's celebrations!
Britta the Red
--
For every action, there is an equal and
opposite critizim. Conversely, no one