ANST - ATYC Noble's Archery Shoot

Bob Dewart gilli at seacove.net
Mon Apr 5 19:59:27 PDT 1999

Greeting again you all,

Baroness Mirrim writes:

Why not run 2 divisions?  I hate to think you're excluding archers because
of
their type of bow.  I have 2 crossbowmen that I was planning to sponsor.

Gilli, with a light bulb over his head responds:

Not together, but two separate divisions (can you here the Jeporardy song
playing here. Do do do do...)  You know, that's really a GREAT idea.  The
only part I don't like about it is I didn't think of it (I'll get over it).
OK, we'll do it that way.

Try these rules on for sizes.  Each archer may compete for only one Noble
per divison.  The archer is not required to (but may) have the same
sponsoring Noble for both divisions. Actually the rest of the same rules
should work, with one exception.  The crossbow must be able to be safely
shot in the space alloted.  If it is determined that the crossbow is too
powerful to be shot in the space provided, then the archer must either
reduce the crossbow's poundage (if possible) till it is safe for the range,
use another crossbow that is safe for the range or sadly, withdrawl.  Again
IKAC legal crossbows.  If any one needs those rules let me know and I'll
send them to you.  gilli at seacove.net

Then, perhaps, time allowing, the winning teams might have a go at it;
starting say at 50 yards.  Prize, if any, to be determined by the Nobles
involved.

My point originally was to make the competition as fair as possible.  Two
separate divisions does that.  Thanks.  If this is OK, I'll consolidate the
competition rules in a day or two and put them out.

Gilli

To darken the skies with Ansteorran arrows at Gulf War, someone must first
make them.