ANST - Fwd: demo regulations

MaraofRede at aol.com MaraofRede at aol.com
Tue Apr 6 18:43:36 PDT 1999

kopernik at Ansteorra.ORG writes:

>forbids making a profit from a demo (something about non-profit
>  >status), but I was wondering would the rule apply if, for example,
>  >booth space was rented by the merchant?

Law aside, it seems to me that what a merchant does at a demo, event or
anything else has nothing to do with a group's profit/non-profit status. the
merchant pays for the booth space, not the group... At the Univ. of Dallas
demo last (?) year, several SCA people had booths..... All of that aside,
nowhere does it say we cannot make money, or even a profit; just that monies
we do make, from whatever. must be spent on the group. Every group tries very
hard to make a "profit" (i.e. more than they spent) on every event....
Just my 2 cents, and worth as much as Caelin's--
Mara