ANST - Music on the Web

Sharon Pelfrey sharon at pelfrey.com
Wed Apr 14 15:23:13 PDT 1999

A few months back I posted a request for sites with music on the web.

I found the answer from a music teacher here in Dallas.(not sca, yet)
Music with notation is fairly abundant on the internet, if you know how to
look for it. The super secret code is known as ABC format.  With the help of
a conversion program music can be saved in an ascii format.  An over view of
ABC can be found at:

 http://www.gre.ac.uk/%7Ec.walshaw/abc/

A good shareware program that will not only play the abc files but print out
the music is abc2win.  This is well worth the 20 dollar shareware fee.
There are quite a few other programs that will also convert ABC formated
files.  The above mentioned site lists quite a few ABC format programs.
abc2win may not be the best, it was the one recommended to me and I can get
it to work, so its great.

Many colleges have started coding and publishing uncopy writed music.  Since
most of what we research is in this catagory this makes for a great
resource.

Have Fun
Cassandra Palfrey