ANST - Wedding Thank Yous (long)

Scot Eddy seddy at vvm.com
Wed Apr 21 01:25:36 PDT 1999

Greetings Ansteorra,

Zaharra and I would like to publicly thank all of the folks who made our
wedding the beautiful event that it was. God has so richly blessed us
that I can't begin to tell you all how fortunate we are to have such
good and true friends.

OK, here we go in no real particular order.

First of are our parents.
Joe Moss helped me build the stage, iconostasis, cross, and frame for
the stained glass window. He even consented to wearing outlandish
cothing. I am lucky to have such a man as my father-in-law.
Becky Moss made us a fabulous wedding quilt and help immensely with the
stained glass window and sewed her own beautiful Spanish dress.
Allan Eddy flew all the way from Iowa and wore a long tunic for the
event. Thanks for being there!
Carol Eddy sewed the Byzantine clothes that Dad and Mom wore. I was
impressed with her results. I have some copetition, I guess.
Matt and Ben Eddy, the mysterious Bob and Joe Skleros, for coming from
Ft. Lewis, WA and Ames, IA respectively and putting up with all this
nonsense and for wearing Byzantine clothes and, of course, for standing
with me.
My Grandma (89) for flying down all this way. I know it was arduous.
Dar, the shutterbug, thank you, thank you, thank you. Fot taking
pictures and just for sharing the experience.
Aunt Nora, Jess and Emily. They actually borrowed clothes and had a good
time to boot thanks to wonderful Ansteorrans.
Mistress Jehanne for being the pusher, prodder, chastizer, realist,
planner, and mother to both of us throughout the whole planning of the
wedding as well as the wedding itself. She was also half of the
seamstress team for Zaharra's fabulous dress.
Mistress Ariella helped with the wedding dress and the tournament dress
and directed from behind the scenes.
Sir Dieterich for researching and running and kickbutt tournament in
Zaharra's honor. What a treat! I heard nothing, but high praise and word
fame from the combatants.
The men-of-the-cloth were Baron Theodric Afhaims who literally left the
hospital to be our Orthodox priest. Great work! Will was the Catholic
preist and did the Latin and Spanish so perfectly. I heard that they
were blessing the combatants at the tourney, cool! Bob Plate is the
mundane pastor who married Scot and Domino and really enjoyed himself.
He and his wife were very impressed with the friendliness of the
populace.
Tempio let us borrow the viewing stand that was, I believe, the envy of
the list field. Vivat Tempio!
Bryn Gwlad, thank you very much for allowing us the use of your event
site. Your generosity overwhelmed us.
Lorin and Sibilla put together a wonderful reception at the list field
with the food cooked by Lorin's hubby Will. A married priest? Hmmm. No,
but he is a professional chef.
Thank you Sibilla for working so hard and for standing up with Domino
for the wedding.
Lorin and Will (they're a team so we have to mention them together even
though Will has gotten previous billing) sewed, researched, helped, and
cooked. What super friends. Thanks a lot!
Tammy
Thank you so very much to the combatants in the list Sir Godwin, Sir
Drake, Prince Daphyyd, Sir Maxmillian, Lord Constantine, Honorable Lord
Romanius, Graf Galen, Duke Kein, The soon-to-be Cavallarios Timotheus,
and Sir Emyrus for an incredible tournament. We heard nothing but
reports of shining sxamples of chivalry and honor.
Gala Cunningham helped with decorations, a belt.
Don Savien and Claire loaned us the crucifix and other Church
acutrements that added so much to the atmosphere. Claire also stood for
1/2 hour hour with an umbrella to shade my Grandma. Thanks!
Guido took pictures of the wedding which, I'm sure, we'll enjoy for
years and years.
Clarissa and Mistress Meaddh helped with wonderful foods for the
reception afterwards. Almost none of it survived. Hmmm, wonder why. ;)
Claire, Ebergardes, and Ari helped put together several ribbon poles.
Brian Cameron and Don Elue transported and helped put up the pavillions
for the wedding party and reception.
Baroness Saraphina had beautiful garlands and flowers which added just
the right touch.
Caitlin (wedding crown bearer), Carina (ring bearer), Christa (dowry
bearer) and Sam (acolyte) were our young helpers in the wedding party.
They did a great job! Thanks to Lord Marion and Lady Tabitha and Lord
Jehan and Baroness Clarissa for letting them participate.
Gwenthian was the server for the Sat. reception at the list field.
Thanks for helping out there!
The musicians of Ansteorra serenaded Lady Zaharra with several Spanish
songs which brought her to tears. She was touched.
We headed out for our honeymoon (I highly suggest a moonlit ride on the
riverwalk in San Antonio) and left the packing and cleaning to a handful
of friends and family. Thank you so much for taking that off our hands
and letting us leave early to enjoy our mini-honeymoon.
I sincerely hope that we didn't leave out anyone, but since the endeavor
was so large I'm afraid we did. If we left out your name we apologize.
It wasn't intentional.

See, I warned you it was long. Again a huge THANK YOU to all who helped,
attended, and had kind words and congratulations for us. God is good to
us!

Grace and Peace
Scot and Domino Eddy
Jovian and Zaharra