ANST - Spurs of honor

Michael F. Gunter michael.gunter at fnc.fujitsu.com
Fri Apr 23 09:01:02 PDT 1999

Good Morning,

I apologize for the multiple posts. I have mentioned a couple of
times the spurs that I am having created for the Chivalry and
nonbelted fighter who best exemplifies those qualities of valor,
prowess, chivalry, honor and daring that we consider all that is
knightly.

Master Fritz and Lady Francesca came by with the designs and some
samples of these spurs and they will be beautiful. They date from
the 14th - 15th Century and will be made of solid silver! The
chivalric spurs will then be plated in real gold.

It is my hope that the offer of these will "spur" all chivalric
fighters to new heights of show and chivalry. It is a pity that
Gulf Wars was cancelled because that would have been a wonderful
showcase for our fighters. We still have three months before we
step down to make our decision on who will recieve these
one-of-a-kind items. I'm not looking for just pretty speeches or
good fighting. I'm looking for that one instance when the populace
looks out on the field and says "By God, there is a knight! THAT's
what this is alll about!"

The challenge is difficult but the prize is great. If you know of
an incident where a fighter has distinguished him or herself then
please let me know. The populace is as much a part of this as I
am.

Polish that armor, practice diligently, remember what we are.

Yours,

Gunthar
Rex Ansteorra