ANST - Informal Financial Report (was On-line Ansteorra : The Next Generation...)

Mirrim mirrim at moritu.net
Tue Apr 27 09:36:37 PDT 1999

Greetings from Baroness Mirrim, Treasurer of Ansteorra

Please, if you repost this missive to another list, post it in its entirety.

At the current time, the Kingdom has $6,664.83 in the General Fund.  We
have alot of money in various Designated Funds, but that is for specific
purposes, including ~$300 for the server.  I am in the process of getting
replacement checks for many stale dated checks.  When those checks are
received the Kingdom will have $12,783.24 in the General Fund.  We must
maintain a minimum balance of $5,000 in the account for emergency use
only.  This money comes from the General Fund.  All the money in the
Designated Funds is donated for a specific purpose.  Most of it comes from
the Northern Region which they raise at Northern Regional Tribute.  The
Kingdom is extremely grateful for the Northern Region's support.

The Kingdom has many expenses.  The General Fund covers shortages in
any Designated Fund and pays for all expenses not covered by a Designated
Fund.  Recurring expenses include:  Crown travel, Scribal copying and
postage, storage space rental for the Kingdom, communal tent rental for
Gulf War and Pennsic, Kingdom officer expenses, front money for doing
Kingdom events (so a small group can hold a large event), printing Kingdom
Law, Marshallete handbook, ....

The Kingdom's income is:  30% of the profit from Kingdom events.  This
started last year, before that the kingdom's share was 10%.  Profits from
Gulf War.  40% of the GW profits are divided into the volunteer hours.  A
set amount is set aside to fund the next GW and then, Ansteorra gets 1/3
of the remainder.

The Kingdom would quickly go broke without extra donations from members.
The server may be funded from a combination of donations and Kingdom
money.  This will be discussed and hopefully resolved at the next Red Tape
event.

Donations from individuals to the SCA are tax deductible and I will be
happy to supply a receipt for a donation if you request it.

Later this year an abridged copy of the Kingdom's end of year financial
report will be published in the Blackstar.  The entire report will be
available from the Kingdom Stock Clerk.  I will announce when it becomes
available.  I will also publish the Kingdom budget for 2000 near the end
of this calendar year.

Baroness Mirrim of Bristol
Kingdom Treasurer of Ansteorra
Margaret Mitchell