ANST - Wastelands Games VII

Jean Bowers jeanbow at ionet.net
Tue Apr 27 19:46:28 PDT 1999

Greetings Unto The Kingdom and Populace of Ansteorra:

The Shire of the Wastelands would like to extend an invitation to one and
all, to visit our humble lands and to participate in the yearly tradition of
Wasteland Games.  We have been organizing this spectacular event for seven
season now and I think it will be another wonderful gathering of talent and
spirits.  So, We the Shire of the Wastelands grant safe passage on our lands
to all who would like to attend.

In closing We would like to encourage all to read the following information
of the skilled events and festivities that are planned for the two glorious
days of the gathering.

With Our Heartfelt Thanks and Gratitude,
The Shire of the Wastelands

-----------------------------------
The fun begins on April 30th, 1999 and will end on May 2, 1999

Troll will open at 3 pm on April 30th

Location of the event will be held at our traditional site of Roman Nose
State Park on the lands of the Community building.

Roman Nose State Park is located North of the city of Watonga, approximatly
seven miles.

If you are arriving from the southern regions of the kingdom you would
travel north at the junction of I-40 and Hwy 281.

If you are arriving from the northern regions of the kingdom you would
travel south at the junction of Hwy 51 and Hwy 8.

There is a small donation for site of $7.00 for those of 16 years or more,
$4.00 for those that have lived for 12,13,14,or 15 years.  The Shire would
like all of those who have lived for 11 years or less to enter for FREE. We
will not except any donation of more than $20.00 per family group.

Some of the wonderful accomidations that We have gathered togather at one
location are as follows: Flat lands for Camping, Flushing Privies, Hot and
Cold falling water, A Gathering Hall that is capable of handling many
activities.

Any merchant that is wanting to peddle their wares are welcomed to do so,
but we would like to encourage you to bring tables if you can.  Our
craftsmen are stilling trying to build up a good supply of avaiable tables.

We will be having the Bardic Competition and bestowing the title upon
someone new.

We will be hosting the traditional games such as Armoured Sheep-Ball, Rapier
Bedroom Games, Archery Bag Shooting, Childrens Archery Shooting, A & S
competition for young and old (no pressure on this one it is peoples choice
and for fun, kids may enter anything they would like), and the fun filled
hour of Wench Racing.

Some new events will be an Equestrian competition, and the Exciting Viking
Toss (come and learn, it will be fun).

We have knowledge folks who will be hosting Belly Dancing, Drumming, and
Bardic classes.

The great cooks of the Shire will be having the traditional Potluck Feast in
which they will furnish all the meats, breads, and salad you will be able to
eat at one setting.  To participate in the feasting all you have to do is
bring a dish.  If your mundane name begins with A-F bring dessert; G-L a
cold salad; M-R veggies; and S-Z hot dishes.  By bringing a dish that serves
6-8 people, We will only ask of you $3.00 if you desire not to bring a dish
all We would ask is $7.00.  Those who have lived 5 years or less shall feast
for free.

If this Scribe has left out any information that is important or has penned
any wrong information please forgive me I shall suffer endless pain in the
years to follow.

If you have any questions please contact me through the above email address
or by phone 580-234-4013.

Thank You for your time and courtesy
Lord Thamas of the Darktower (Tom Tower)
C0-Autocrat