[Re: ANST - service comment and information suggestion ...]

Keith Hood hoodkl at netscape.net
Wed Apr 28 13:47:57 PDT 1999

> > > personally, i would like to hear about these things before the fact when
> > > i'm not able to travel accross the state to attend kingdom business
> > > meetings or reading about in the black-star when it's alreadt dated
> > > information.  people complain about other not getting invoilved in the
> > > process ... give them reasonable tools to do so and maybe they will.
> >
> > Personally I'd love to see things in both places.
>
> as would i ... much easier to find information online than waiting for the
BS
> (Black Star) or hunting through old general list materials ...such a
seperate
> channel would be a goddess-send ...
>
> > The real problem is that when people post things to the 'net, they
> > forget to put it in the BlackStar. Vice-versa is often true as well.
> > This is a lack of planning and a bad assumption of "well everyone
> > already knows it".

Part of the problem is the cost of putting things in the Black Star.

Assuming the cost problem were not in the way, the difference in contents is
simply corrected by communications between the two.  The most efficient way
would be to have specific position-dependent duties.  Maybe have the person in
charge of the Black Star also in charge of content on the Web site.  (It could
very logically be argued that site content is a kind of Kingdom publication).
Or have the person who does content for the site be a deputy to the person in
charge of the Black Star.  Or maybe a liason officer - the idea is to have
someone who knows it is his or her duty to make sure the contents of one are
mirrored to the other.  Should be no big problem.

I think this is most logically a Chronicler-type function.

    Tomonaga

------

A long bow and a stong bow,
And let the sky grow dark.
The nock to the cord, the shaft to the ear,
And a foreign king for a mark!

     --  Stolen from "The Song of the Bosonian Archers" --
               By Robert E. Howard, who should be
                 the patron saint of Ansteorra