[Re: ANST - seeds of new threads ... human fallibilty / officers / corporations ...]

Keith Hood hoodkl at netscape.net
Wed Apr 28 16:10:46 PDT 1999

> Not to drift off on another thread....*g*,  but I happen to agree with this.
> However, I feel the same way about representational government in most of
> its forms.  From what I have seen, the skills necessary to win an election
> often have little to do with the skills necessary to do the job once in
> office.  I have come to the conclusion that you could put all the relevant
> names up on a wall and throw darts and have about as good a chance of coming
> up with good leaders as in any other system.  What I'm getting at is that
> our system seems to me to work about as well as any other I've seen.

I think it was Lord Mountbatten who said, "The only truly impartial ways of
choosing leaders are heredity and the lot.  All other means depend on
someone's opinion."

    Tomonaga

------

A long bow and a stong bow,
And let the sky grow dark.
The nock to the cord, the shaft to the ear,
And a foreign king for a mark!

     --  Stolen from "The Song of the Bosonian Archers" --
               By Robert E. Howard, who should be
                 the patron saint of Ansteorra