ANST - Kingdom Fund Raisers

Trish McCurdy ladyoftherose at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 28 17:08:54 PDT 1999

Pug Writes:

Well I have a need. I have artisans volunteering to donate items for a
fundraiser, and I have no clue what to do in that arena. Any other
ideas
would be more than welcome as well! (Although I'd like to watch over
your shoulder so I can learn.)Would you be willing to spearhead this
effort?
Ciao,

and Larissa replies:

Sure.  I ran a major one for five years straight to benefit my former
Kingdom's newsletter.  We did a tournament where the fighters were
auctioned to the populace.  We lined up their helms on the field and
sold them each to the highest bidder.

The winner of the tournament won a sword, and his benefactor a
dagger.  I have a source for donations so there was no cost for these
items.  I can ask if they would be interested in donating again.

In addition, we ran an auction of everything from promisories from
scribes and costumers to white elephant SCA usables.

The event usually netted somewhere between 2200 & 3000 dollars
depending upon attendance.

We can change it to fit Ansteorra quite easily.

In fact, Master Petruccio, one of my favorite auctioneers just so
happened to move here (how convenient) and I betcha with some mild
coercion could be drug, I mean asked, to help in that department :).

Anyone have any thoughts on the matter.  We would need a calendar
date, and a little lead time to get things together.

Larissa