ANST - Donations for Server

Karen tyrca at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 28 18:06:01 PDT 1999

Magdelena asked:

> For the record, is alcohol an acceptable donation?
<<<<<<<<

to which Pug replied:

I am contacting TABC to see what their stance is. Sir Burke will be the
final say though.
<<<<<<<<

I think the way around that is to donate a small "batch" promise, and
have the participant choose what you make.  As I understand the law, it
is possible for another person to purchase "makings" for wine or beer,
and have the brewer put it together and lay it aside.  Then there is no
question about money for alcohol, or tax violations.

Or possibly auction off an empty representative bottle, and allow the
winner to trade the empty for a full, later on.

And as you say, it will ultimately be up to HE Sir Burke to decide.

Tyrca

===
Lady Tyrca Ivarsdottir
-"Honesty is Everything"
AoA, OPN, ASTA, oleander
Barony of Elfsea (Life is Good in Elfsea!)
(all sorts of places in and around Ft. Worth, TX)
Kingdom of Ansteorra