ANST - yurt construction

eric mauer eric.mauer-next at attws.com
Wed Apr 21 13:54:47 PDT 1999

'wolf writes:

>>>>on yurt construction ...
<snip>
the author uses nut's / washers / bolts to secure the lathes ...
anyone out there use pop-rivets & washers ???<<<<

In period, the kana was attached with rawhide strips. I've seen that
used with some success, as well as braided nylon cord and (my choice)
1/4" bolts. My experience has been that the kana we use (1/4" pine
lattice) tends to get damaged in transit, so you end up replacing slats
periodically. Unless you're fond of drilling rivets, I wouldn't advise
them for general use. However, if you're doing a
semi-permanent structure, they'd work great.

Tuhtahl
Mauer
Austin Customer Care
AT&T Wireless Services