ANST - Who the Crown listens to.

Michael F. Gunter michael.gunter at fnc.fujitsu.com
Wed Apr 28 08:59:05 PDT 1999

Gunnora said:

> > That's not the issue here.  But if the Crown does something
> > disasterously stupid, it is the responsibility and obligation of the
> > Peers to try and talk them out of it.

And Pug replied:

> I'm sorry. I must disagree here. It is the responsibility and obligation
> of all Ansteorrans who give a damn. There are individuals who's opinions
> will be weighted differently because of their experience (mundane or
> SCA) and previous track record.

Both are correct in their statements. It is the responsibility of the
Peers to council and discuss policies or bring concerns of the populace
to the Crown. It's part and parcel of being a Peer.

But Pug is also correct in that We, as Crown, are concerned about what
everyone feels. The newest member's opinion is as important as the oldest
Peer's. We are always willing to hear any concerns or ideas from any
member of the populace because We could have happy Peers but unhappy
populace and really go down in flames. The strength of the Kingdom is
the strength of its people and We are never forgetful of this.

So, yes, it is the DUTY of the Peers to council Us and We expect them
to fulfill their duty but it is the RIGHT of the populace to express
their feelings to Us. Much of the time We may refer someone to the
correct chain of command but We try to always be there for anyone.

Yours,

Gunthar
Rex

PS. I'm going to get killed for this but today is Her Royal Majesty's
birthday.

I've promised not to crack any eggs on her head.