ANST - service comment and information suggestion ...

j'lynn yeates jyeates at realtime.net
Wed Apr 28 10:07:16 PDT 1999

On 28 Apr 99, at 11:14, Michael Tucker wrote:

> Anyway, all of these "asides" aside, it never fails to amaze me just how
> many "armchair officers" are always willing to discuss an idea to death,
> but are never willing to hold office or steward an event.

sorry, but *everyones* opinion / input is as valid as that of any officer -
high or low  ... being an officer is a personal choice and to denegrate anyone
or their ideas / input simply because they choose not to be an officer for
whatever the reason is not overly honerable

> I think the main differences pertaining to *this* discussion are: 1)
> according to Pug's post, this isn't *yet* decided, so discussion is still
> appropriate. But 2) ansteorra at ansteorra.org is *not* moderated in the
> sense of a Populace meeting; it's more like the "roar" of discussion that
> usually *follows* Populace, so there isn't anyone to say "Ok, that's
> enough nit-picking, let's decide and move on to another topic".

it has been mentioned many times that this (and the other channels) are not
*official* Ansteorran information channels and i agree that they should not be
... they are and should remain primarily a realm of the populace to freely
(within reason) to discuss these and other matters of general interest to us,
but we as online-populace need somethig better ...

here's a suggestion .. leave these channels as they are and create a
*official*, topical, moderated, kingdom level channel designed for official
business and information exchange.  ... if a message is "reasonable" but out of
scope as designated by moderator (who would be tasked with keeping information
level high, noise level low so the needed information flows better than here),
... the message into the populace kingdom channel (this one)

personally, i would like to hear about these things before the fact when i'm
not able to travel accross the state to attend kingdom business meetings or
reading about in the black-star when it's alreadt dated information.  people
complain about other not getting invoilved in the process ... give them
reasonable tools to do so and maybe they will.

'wolf

... - Boingo, Pedestrian Wolves