ANST - service comment and information suggestion ...

Michael Tucker michaelt at mechatronics.com
Wed Apr 28 11:38:07 PDT 1999

Greetings, all, but especially Wolf:

j'lynn yeates wrote:

> On 28 Apr 99, at 11:14, Michael Tucker wrote:
>
> > Anyway, all of these "asides" aside, it never fails to amaze me just how
> > many "armchair officers" are always willing to discuss an idea to death,
> > but are never willing to hold office or steward an event.
>
> sorry, but *everyones* opinion / input is as valid as that of any officer -
> high or low  ... being an officer is a personal choice and to denegrate anyone
> or their ideas / input simply because they choose not to be an officer for
> whatever the reason is not overly honerable
>
> [snip]
>
> 'wolf

Please forgive me. You are entirely correct in the *specifics* of your
statement, though I disagree with its *tone*. What I meant was a reference to
those people who are always willing to second-guess, but never willing to do any
work. In other words, whiny parasites who do nothing useful for the "body" of
our society, but instead feed on the work of others.

There are *many* members of the populace whose council is well sought, and whose
advice is well taken. Many of these people have *never* held an office or
stewarded an event, and perhaps never will. But they make their presence felt
every time you need an extra hand at the "troll" gate, or for site
setup/takedown, or any of the countless other thankless jobs that make our
society vibrant and healthy. But there are also, sadly, many "slugs" who seem to
live for the "sport" of kicking others into the dirt (or else are so insensitive
that they don't notice that they've just stomped someone to death).

While this is not a pleasant thought, I find nothing "dishonorable" about
stating it. I have publicly clarified my stated opinion concerning this matter;
I would appreciate it if you would do likewise concerning my honor.

Yours,
Michael
(Baron Michael Silverhands)