ANST - server thoughts - hardware concerns

Patrick J. Cuccurello pat at adtelusa.com
Thu Apr 29 05:37:44 PDT 1999

>my take on the $2000 price, how can anyone some up with a real, production
>grade server for that little  servers have to be judged on server terms, not
>workstation terms, and theer are a lot of "gotcha's" not apparant to those
who
>don't build servers for operational environments ....
>
>'wolf

The company I work for has it's web servers built for less the $2000.00
each--in industrial rack mount cases.  They run 24-7 in a high bandwidth
arena.  We have seen no degredation in service or speed in comparison to
"high dollar" web servers.  Broad generalities may sound good, but don't
always prove a point.

Petruccio