ANST - Those Spurs

Michael F. Gunter michael.gunter at fnc.fujitsu.com
Thu Apr 29 07:23:57 PDT 1999

> 	Could someone tell me a bit more about this spur "thing."  I have
> heard people talking about it, but I don't think I really got the gist of
> what exactly this is about.  Is it only for knights to be considered, or all
> chivalric fighters.  Is it only for Chivalric fighters, I know some rapier
> fighters wear spurs too?
>
> Thanks,
> Charles

At the beginning of the reign I announced that I was having two sets of
spurs created to be given when we step down. The spurs are of period design
and made of solid silver. One pair will be awarded to a non-belted fighter
and one pair will be electoplated in real gold and given to a member of
the Chivalry. These will be awarded to the armored fighter who at some point
best displays courage, honor, prowess, and chivalry in an act on the
field. This is to encourage these acts in all the fighters and for all
fighters to strive to achieve and surpass those knightly ideals and bring
up the level of tournament combat. Basically these will be awarded to those
persons that at least once make the populace exclaim "Now THAT's a knight!"
And to be transported for a moment to the Age of Heroes.

I hope this explains things a bit more clearly.

Yours,

Gunthar