ANST - danger: observational humour ahead ...

j'lynn yeates jyeates at realtime.net
Thu Apr 29 13:04:56 PDT 1999

... pull the eject lever *now* if easily offended (g)

i just had a revelation what the "server situation" is actually about!  it's a
historical allegorical recreation in all it's glory and gritty details ... what
we have here is:

					The First Cyber Crusade

the image of hordes of believers (Church of the Holy Server) following the
image of a "server on a stick" to the cyber-lands populated by barbarians and
infidels comes to mind ... maybe i should profit from the movement and cast up
some server shaped "amulets" (or pizza shaped ones to signify what the
supporters have given up for the cause) and setup a road-side shop and hawk
them as the lines of the believers file past ... or in true medieval fashion,
stay home and grab empty lands.

... beware, in these lands you seek, theYezidee walk unseen in the dark and
Hassan Sabbah rules from Alamut.

... can't help it folks, cursed/blessed by a *bad* sense of humour sometimes

'wolf
... alternatively, a Life of Brian thing comes to mind, but you *really* don't
want me to go there (g)

... - Boingo, Pedestrian Wolves