ANST - the information revolution ...

j'lynn yeates jyeates at realtime.net
Thu Apr 29 21:45:25 PDT 1999

On 29 Apr 99, at 17:44, Joel Schumacher wrote:

> Had kind of the opposite experience.  Went to a nearby event, an hour or
> so away.  I knew how to get to the town, so I drive there, then pull out
> the Blackstar to find exact exits, directions, etc.  No Blackstar. Forgot
> it at home.  Everyone who's phone number I knew was at the event.  And
> anybody who might not be at the event, I don't know by their non-SCA name.
>
> What to do?  Spend an extra 2 hours driving home and back?

been in exactly the same situation ... backtracked to the main road inboud ,
pulled off, waited for bit until a obvious SCA type to pass (tourney trailers
are a dead give-away) , followed them in ...

staking out the local liquer / convenience store is often a good tactic as well
... (g)

> Paper copies can be lost or forgotten.  Internet access points are
> all over the world.

these days, it would have been worth a shot to drop into the town library and
see if they had a public access terminal.  or simply find a phone jack and plug
in the notebook / pda and do a quick inquiry (++g)

'wolf

... - Boingo, Pedestrian Wolves