ANST - money for this or that

Galen W. Bevel galenbv at ix.netcom.com
Fri Apr 30 11:23:57 PDT 1999

,

>HE Galen said:
>What some people don't realize (although many do) is that the Kingdom is a
>separate and complete branch of the SCA, entirely capable of hosting events
>without another sponsoring group.  In other words, if the Kingdom wanted to
>host Crown itself, instead of giving it out to a group, it would be
entirely
>within its rights to do so, and keep 100% of the profits.
>
>I'm curious.  If that were to happen, just how would it be done?  Similar
>how ATYC is being done, perhaps?
>
>Gilli

Exactly.  The Kingdom Seneschal would choose an autocrat, the autocrat would
select a staff, they would find a site, and so forth.  Exactly the way any
group would do it, just spread over a larger geographic area.

In fact, it has been done before.  We did it for Ansteorran 15th, and I am
sure there are other examples.  So it can be done, it just isn't necessarily
the best way to always do things.

Galen K.