ANST - Scrolls

Fionnghal fionghal at chaosbutterfly.com
Mon Aug 2 10:28:27 PDT 1999

Well, ya know....

We could always solve the paper problem by using the ever much
more period real vellum like they did for the Book of Kells.  Of
course that would require a trip to a local tannery for some real cow
hide of course.  Maybe better a slaughter house, that way we can
get the still wet hide and stretch it just right for that really thin and
almost translucent look.  And please, no inorganic ink or steel
nibs.  Only the goose quills, no turkey please, they didn't have
turkeys in Europe!  And as for ink, oak gaul is what they used, so
why not us.  And don't forget, use a script period for the time and
location of the persona, not everyone was around for Carolinian
miniscule.  Use a script depending on whose court and as to who's
illegible court hand would be appropriate... after all, if you can't read
it, you have no business reading it, dangit.

Your's in tongue in cheek compulsive authenticity,

Always in Service,
Fionnghal Nic Phaidin
Of House Lyceum and proud Dustdancer!
A great deal of intelligence can be invested in ignorance when the need
for illusion is deep. -Saul Bellow

Check out the the Wetlands RP and FreeWetlands lists at:
http://www.chaosbutterfly.com/penelope/freelist.htm/
(Please direct all flames to http://www.chaosbutterfly.com/penelope/hatemail.html
Remember, hatemail is never considered hatemail by its author.)