ANST - Scrolls (long)

Michael F. Gunter michael.gunter at fnc.fujitsu.com
Mon Aug 2 15:20:37 PDT 1999

> 2.  How long is the back log of original hand made scrolls in those other
> Kingdoms ??
>

> 2.   While it would be nice to provide original handmade scrolls to each
> award recipient, be the scroll in the form of a true historical document or
> an illuminated book of hours page, I don't believe it is practical for the
> scribes of this Kingdom, right now.   It's something this Kingdom used to
> do and moved away from over 10 years ago; primarily because of the backlog
> in getting that handmade scroll, and the major burn-out factor for the
> scribes.

I think this is a very valid point. From Sara's account at one time Ansteorra
gave out a lot more awards than the other kingdoms. Plus the upper level
ranks rarely get scrolls. As an example I have been a knight for nearly
nine and a half years but still don't have a scroll. And I'm not a lone
example. Most of the upper-level awards rarely have scrolls for them.
I do have scrolls for all of my lower level awards because there are charters
for them.

So if the artisans of this kingdom are swamped with backlogs for upper
level awards, how overrun would they be if they had to create original
scrolls for every award given.

Just some thoughts.

> Baroness Hillary Rose Greenslade   Westgate/Stargate

Yers,

Gunthar