ANST - Awards

Bowen wweir at postoffice.swbell.net
Wed Aug 4 07:23:54 PDT 1999

I have seen several people get their feelings deeply hurt, because someone
told them they were going to get an award and it didn't happen. There are many
reasons that an award recommendation might not result in an actual award.
These can range from miscommunication to high level political intrigue. The
reason for "no award" is hardly ever because the person doesn't deserve it,
but if the award is not forthcoming, the supposed recipient will frequently
feel that that is the reason.
If you must tell someone, tell a spouse or usual travelling companion who will
be happy to help you see that the person gets to the right event.