ANST - Wake For H.L.Baron Cormac Mac Cumail

Jerry Mapes jrmapes at ckt.net
Wed Aug 4 08:25:15 PDT 1999

-------- Original Message --------
From: "J. Michael Shew" <jshewkc at pei.edu>

Please forgive me this form letter, but there were so many who asked, it
seemed the best thing to simply write one letter and send it to the
entire
list of those asking.

A generous offer was made to hold a wake for Baron Cormac at Tribal
Revelries.  As this is one of his favorite events, I must agree.
[*** See Below for Event/Site Info -Ed.]

As per his request, no sad tales or songs about him should be performed.
He asked that his friends gather and drink his soul into the afterlife
with laughter, poetry, song, and tales of the good times.  I will try to
bring as much drink as I can to share, and if at all possible, a bottle
of his last batch of mead to pass around.

Cormac loved the Calontir songs, and loved a sing-along.  He also loved
hear the works of bards of all types and levels.  He was particularly
proud of his association with the Calontir Bardic College.  If you are a
member, please wear your baldric that day.  If you are not a member,
come on anyway!

Cormac was a fighter, an archer, a mead maker, a brewer, and a faithful
member of the SCA.  He was proud of all of these things too.  If you
have a story about any of these concerning him, we would love to hear
them.

His favorite drink was single malt whiskey.  His favorite brand was B.
J.
Holladay (sp) from McCormics (sp) here in Missouri.  I cannot drink much
of this, but I will try.

No one will be turned away.  No tears will be shed.  This is a party in
honor of our dear friend who has received that most honored of all
advancements. Let's try to see that as many of his friends that can make
it are there.

Thank you

Mikal the Ram

***Tribal Revelries will be held August 27-29, 1999 near Warsaw, MO in
The Stronghold of Lost Forest in the Kingdom of Calontir. For More Info:

http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Sparta/1549/tribal.html#directions