ANST - scrolls

j'lynn yeates jyeates at realtime.net
Wed Aug 4 10:39:34 PDT 1999

On 4 Aug 99, at 9:39, JLB7852 at acs.tamu.edu wrote:

> ... It is a maroon leather with a drawing of an aggie ring above it and the
> diploma below.  That's why my AoA has a wall-mart frame and my diploma is
> still in its tube.

have keep my Rice ring (white gold ... one of three i know of) on the hand for
almost 20 years now (good for job interviews) and the framed diploma is on
"museum loan" to my parents where it hangs in my dad's study ... after all they
were the patrons that allowed both to happen.

to me, the education itself was what was important, but coming from a different
direction the parchment symbol is more important to them ... those issues are
directly mirrored in the SCA award discussion methinks.  some are more into the
symbols, some are more into the actual pathways.

to each their own, and room for all.

'wolf

... truth is the sword of us all (lords of the new church)