ANST - Seals, Wax and Stamps, Oh My!

Ace aslyn at onramp.net
Thu Aug 5 12:37:42 PDT 1999

Wolf wrote:  (snip)

>... perhaps the kingdom needs a "royal embosser" with the kingdom arms >that
would pass from crown to crown ... perhaps >with a real "seal of state" >for
special occasions.....(snip)

The Kingdom does have both a stamp and wax seal.  It is (I believe)
currently in
the possession of Star Signet.

Several P.W.S.T.O.C.A.I.O.I* (*Since we can't call it a scroll now, I guess we
have to say "Pages With Some Type Of Calligraphy And Illumination On It") have
had the seal placed on it.

But I will tell you this from a designer's standpoint:  I was required to leave
a 3 x 3 inch square of "dead space" in my text for the wax seal (which
eventually was changed to house the stamp) on it.  Every "designing"
calligrapher who has heard that has cringed, because it makes life very, very
difficult to be required to calculate a space that large in the parameters you
are sometimes given (i.e., trying to keep the finished product in increments
which will not require custom framing - especially if time is of the essence
[which my project was - surprise, surprise : D ])

Now....as to the other topics of discussion.........

Aslyn