ANST - Seals, Wax and Stamps, Oh My!

Ronnie ronna at primenet.com
Tue Aug 10 15:58:02 PDT 1999

>We did not do the seal on my piece because we were concerned that the wax
>would touch and\or smear on the frame .  So, we stamped it instead (which
>as I remember is of a much smaller diameter than the wax seal

Hey, Aslyn, if embossing's period, there's a small round (diameter 1.5"?)
embossing inker that I use on my library plate embossings that works really
well.  It's about $12, I think.  Ink in whatever color you like.

<Half kidding, and no sacred yaks intentionally gored here>  Just in case
somebody decides we need rats, lice and fleas, minimal and ignorant
medicine, superstitious and uneducated hygiene, prima nochta, local wars
with maimings as well as killings (war and political), etc., my vote is we
keep it simple ... make an attempt at periodness ... forgive those who do
what they can for not being Perfectly Period In Every Way (and give them
*real* help if it bugs us so much and they want it) ... creatively learn and
use what we can, with our best efforts, within our resources (teamwork --
what a concept!) ... and not drain the well dry or beat the horse to leather
in attempts to achieve the well-researched but nebulous because too multiple
notions of What Is Period/Perfection.

I don't mind the template Charters or Promissories; they're a boost to good
feelings, mine and theirs.  They leave time and energy for further research
and *great* works that can be recognized.  I'd hope that a push to be period
won't lose me someone whose face in the group adds to the happiness of
sharing "being there" with them.  I just don't get A.R. about that kind of a
choice.

Now, then, get me started on Honor, Courtesy, Kindness, Justice, Fairness,
Chivalry, Tolerance -- uh-huh, that'll kindle the fire in my eyes and the
static in my hair.  We whip those problems and we have proud victories.
Ronnie.