ANST - ILL Help

Scott Fridenberg scottf at webzone.net
Tue Aug 17 23:10:57 PDT 1999

Pamela S Keightley wrote:

> Dear Robert Fitzmorgan,
>  I am guessing that this is Troubadour song. The Garland Library of
> Medieval Literature has publications of the texts and translations of
> songs in their series A and translations alone in their series B.  The
> volume I have is _Razos and Troubadour Songs_ Translated by William E.
> Burgwinkle and is Volume 71 of the Garland Library series, New York &
> London, Garland Publishing, Inc., 1990. This contains beautiful
> translations and  "program notes" about the songs and brief biographical
> notes on the composers. A brief look at the index does not show "La
> chanson de la croisade albigeoise"   by  Guillaume de Tulède. This
> colume 71 has a selected bibliography of about 150 consulted works in
> French and English which covers 11 pages which might help your search. I
> don't have a scanner.
>   However, this series might have the work you are looking for in
> another volume. The music advisor for the series is Hendrik van der
> Werf, Eastman School of Music and most of the Literary Advisors are from
> Yale. I think they did their homework.
> Happy Singing,
> Pamela Hewitt, the Harper

I will check this out but I think that this will be in a book of it's own.  I'm
not sure how long it is but but the reference I have for it is a book in it's own
right in the original Occitan with French translation.  I'm not certin there is
an English translation, but with the curent popularity of Troubadour studies I'd
guess there's a good chance of it.

    Thanks again for the reference, I don't think it's what I'm looking for but
it sounds like something I would be interested in anyway.

Robert Fitzmorgan
Barony of Northkeep